The biometric unlock feature (face and fingerprint unlock) is available for WhatsApp Web and Desktop App users. Here is How to use biometric unlock feature on WhatsApp Web?
Users can keep their chats very secure even on desktop or PC.WhatsApp has rolled out this new feature last month.
After Android and iOS, this feature has also come for Desktop and Web users. Earlier it was reported that this feature will only support iOS users, but this feature has also been rolled out for Android users.
How to login or log out to WhatsApp Web?
First of all, you have to update WhatsApp on your smartphone (Android / iOS). This feature has rolled out with the latest update.
- After updating the app, go to Settings or ‘More Option’ option.
- Now head on to the option to link the device by selecting WhatsApp Web / Desktop.
- Now you follow the on-screen instructions. For Android users, there will be an option of the fingerprint sensor in biometric authentication.
- At the same time, there will be an option to unlock Touch ID or Face ID for iOS users.
- After enabling the biometric feature in your smartphone app, select the QR code scanning option.
- After this, you will be able to log in to WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp said that its new biometric feature helps keep chat secure on desktop as well. Even if you are logged into WhatsApp desktop, no one will be able to read your chat.
However, this feature will only be available for smartphones that support the biometric feature.