How to enable or disable website cookies on iPhone?: Do you want to enable or disable website cookies on your iPhone? Let’s see how to enable or disable cookies in the most popular browsers in the iPhone.
Most iPhone browsers allow you to quickly and easily activate the cookies option. This way you can keep cookies enabled when you want to use them and disable them when you don’t.
What is a website cookie?
A website cookie is a small file of the data stored on a user’s computer or mobile by a web browser. This file allows the website to recognize you as a user, which helps the site to deliver more relevant content to you.
A cookie is a reason you start seeing the content you are most interested in when you visit a website multiple times.
How to enable or disable cookies in Safari browser?
iPhone has a simple toggle to enable and disable cookies. You can access this option as follows:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Safari option.
- You will see an option that says Block all cookies.
- Enable this option to disable all cookies in Safari.
- Turn off the toggle if you want to enable cookies.
How to enable or disable cookies in Chrome
Google Chrome for iOS has cookies enabled by default, and you cannot change this option. If you want to turn them off, you need to find other ways to stop Google from tracking you.
You can, however, delete cookies in Chrome if you wish. The following shows how to do this.
- Launch Chrome on your iPhone.
- Tap the three dots to open the Chrome menu and tap Settings.
- Now Tap Privacy on the screen.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- select Cookies, Site Data and press Clear browsing data at the bottom.
- This will delete your Chrome cookies from your iPhone.
How to enable or disable cookies in Firefox
Unlike Chrome, Firefox offers the ability to enable or disable cookies in your browser. Here’s how to toggle on your iPhone.
- Open Firefox browser on your iPhone.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Data management.
- You will see various options, one of which says Cookies.
- Enable or disable toggle, that’s it.
Should you enable or disable cookies on the iPhone?
Cookies are part of what identifies you on the Internet. This can lead to more personalized experiences on the web, but it also translates into more tracking and data collection.
If you value your privacy, you may want to turn off cookies. But in doing so, some websites and features will not work.
Fortunately, there are plenty of other steps you can take to improve your iPhone’s privacy. Another option that you might want to consider is to turn off ad tracking. When disabled, this ensures that advertisers cannot track your online activities.