There are several benefits of using Netflix subtitles. You can, however, to turn off subtitles on Netflix very easily if you do not need them.
We’ll show you how to easily turn off subtitles on Netflix on any platform. Turning off subtitles on Netflix for Android is as simple as clicking a handful of buttons. You can do this anywhere in your shows or movie.
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix for Android?
- Play the show whose subtitles you want to remove in the Netflix app.
- Tap the Audio & Subtitles option at the bottom.
- In the Subtitles section, tap Turn off to turn off the subtitles for your current show or movie.
- Tap Apply at the bottom to save your changes.
You won’t miss a thing by turning off the subtitles, as the app pauses everything you watch while you navigate to menu items.
How to get rid of subtitles on Netflix for iOS?
Netflix for iOS works much the same as Netflix for Android. This means that you can turn off the subtitles with just two clicks:
- Open the show or movie whose subtitles you want to remove.
- Tap the Audio & Subtitles option.
- Select Disabled in the section Subtitles.
- Netflix will turn off the subtitles for the show or movie you are watching
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix for Windows?
Netflix for Windows uses a slightly different menu item to turn off captions, but finding and using that item is as easy as on the mobile app.
- Go to the show or movie whose subtitles you want to remove.
- When the content starts playing, click the Conversation icon in the top right.
- Choose Off in section Subtitles and will disable subtitles.
Unlike the mobile app, Netflix for Windows doesn’t automatically pause your video when you turn off captions. If every second of your show is important to you, press pause before starting the above procedure.
How to turn off subtitles on Netflix for Mac?
Netflix does not yet have an app for Mac and most Mac users use the web version to access the streaming site on their machines.
This means that the steps to turn off closed captions for Netflix on the web apply to Mac users. So, follow the instructions below to remove subtitles on Netflix on your Mac.
How to turn off captions on Netflix for the web?
Netflix works on multiple web browsers and the procedure for turning off closed captions is the same for everyone. Just click on an icon and choose the option to turn off captions.
Here we show how to turn off subtitles on Netflix in Chrome:
- Open your favourite show or movie on Netflix.com.
- Click the conversation icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Disabled in the section Subtitles to disable subtitles.
How to reactivate subtitles on Netflix?
Turning the subtitles back on is as easy as turning off the subtitles in the first place. Just open the same menu like the one you used to deactivate subtitles in your mobile or desktop application, and press the language you want the subtitles in the section Subtitles.
The subtitles will start to appear on your screen again.